Download CodonCode Aligner 7.0.1 for Mac OS X (70 MB)
Requires Mac OS X 10.7.4 or newer. The download file is a disk image that contains the installer.
Download CodonCode Aligner 7.0.1 for Windows (78 MB)
If you cannot download .exe files, you can download Aligner_Installer.zip (a ZIP archive that contains the installer for Windows).
After downloading, double-click Aligner_Installer.exe to start the installation, and follow the instructions on the screen.
First time users automatically receive a fully functional free 30-day trial.
After 30 days, the program converts to the demo version. The demo version is a fully functional trace viewer and editor. You can view and print traces, edit traces, and save projects, as long as your projects contain only unassembled samples. The demo version also lets you open existing Aligner projects, and try out many functions, but not to save or print if your project contain contigs.
To update older versions to version 7.0.1, please follow the instructions below.
Please note that CodonCode Aligner 7 requires a new license key. Customers who qualify for a free update should have received an email with a new license key. If you are using the Aligner License Server, please check with the administrator of your license server if you can upgrade to CodonCode Aligner version 7.
Updating to CodonCode Aligner 7.0.1 on Windows
- Please note that you will need a new license key after upgrading, and that this may not be a free upgrade for you.
- Navigate to the folder where CodonCode Aligner is installed (usually in a folder called "CodonCode Aligner" in "C:\Program Files\")
- Double-click the "Check for updates" icon
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the update to the newest version
Updating to CodonCode Aligner 7.0.1 on Mac OS X (10.7.4 and newer)
- Quit CodonCode Aligner if Aligner is running.
- Download the installer for CodonCode Aligner 7.0.1 using the links above
- Install the new version at the same location as the previous version (typically in /Applications).
Please note that updating CodonCode Aligner to the current version will reset the memory available to CodonCode Aligner to the default value. If you had previously changed the memory available to Aligner (for example because your projects are large), you will need to do so again.
Installers for the License Server for CodonCode Aligner are available from the License Server page.
Installers in .msi format are not available anymore, since the .msi format does not support installers for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows..
Installers for older versions are available on the archive page.